If you have a long-term health condition, you might be interested in the Expert Patients Programme.
What is it?
The Expert Patients Programme is a free (NHS-funded) training programme that provides opportunities to people who live with long-term health conditions to develop new skills to manage their condition better on a day-to-day basis.
Benefits of becoming an expert patient
- Feel confident and in control of their lives.
- Aim to manage their condition and its treatment in partnership with health care professionals.
- Communicate effectively with professionals and are willing to share responsibility on treatment.
- Are realistic about the impact of their disease on themselves and their family.
- Use their skills and knowledge to lead full lives.
Find out more and find a course
For contact details for courses in Manchester please visit, www.uhsm.nhs.uk
For more information or for contact details for courses elsewhere, please visit www.selfmanagementuk.org